Friday, March 20, 2009

All of the Money in the World

I have to share something funny that happened this week. My friend Kirsten and her little boy Logan really love Kylyn and would love to make her part of their family. One day Logan said to Kirsten, "Let's give Cheree money for Kylyn and then we can keep her." ( I am not sure of his exact words). Kirsten asked him how much we should pay for her and he said "How about 10 and a half dollars. Now I have to admit that the offer was very tempting, but I just couldn't give up my little firecracker that easily.
Later on that day we were all outside playing and Kaytlyn came home from school.
Kirsten came up to and told her that Logan has offered to pay 10 and a half dollars to take Kylyn home for good and Kaytlyn responded quickly with "No". We asked her why not and she said "Because I really like her." Then I asked, curious to her response "How about a million dollars, and you could keep half of it" and again she answered quickly "No." Well I couldn't leave it at that so I asked, "How about all of the in the world?" This time with no hesitation and a shrug of her shoulders, she said, "Sure."
I couldn't refrain from laughing out loud and thinking that to a six year old, all of the money in the world sounded so much better than having a little sister, no matter how much you like her.

4 comments:

Janean said...

That's so cute! Hey all the money in the world is better than a pack of gum. That is what Adelie was always willing to trade Mallory for when she was a baby - a pack of gum was all she needed. She got a lot of offers too.

be you blithe and bonny said...

hi Cheree. I just read Kirsten's story about the Logan/Kylyn deal. So very funny... I can't believe how much Kylyn looks just like Kaytlyn. I think I first met Kaytlyn at about 18 months and to me the are identical!

CurtisEmilyandElizabethKaye said...

that is so cute! you do have sweet kids!
Emily Wilkinson

Vehars said...

Too funny! Hey so I copied you, I went to the Delightful Dots blog and used one of their layouts, so cute! How did you find them? Hope you all are doing well. Send our love to everyone!