Tuesday, March 10, 2009

ANNOUNCEMENT!

I am happy to announce that after 4 weeks, Kaydyn is potty trained! It has been a long 4 weeks of cleaning up a lot after him, but it is well worth not changing and buying 2 sets of diapers anymore.
I have learned from other experiences to wait until they are ready.
Kaydyn was watching a video of "Baby Songs" and it has a song on there called, Today I Took My Diaper Off. Then one day while changing his diaper, he said "My diapers off." And I said, "Do you want to wear big boy underwear?", and he replied "I wear big boy underwear like daddy, and Megan and Logan.... and continued to name people he knew. I decided to jump right into it the next day. I went to the store and let Kaydyn pick out underwear and treats.
We went home and began the process. After 4 hours of straight training and 6 accidents all over the carpet, I gave up! I tried to put a diaper back on him but he through a fit and wanted under wear. I did not care and put a diaper back on.
So for the next few weeks I would try underwear here and there to see how he would do.
After four weeks of doing that, he got better and better at going to the bathroom all by himself.

3 down and 1 more to go! Hallelujah

7 comments:

Rindee said...

Me too! My 3 1/2 year old wanted to wear panites, but she wouldn't BM in the toilet. I do not do well cleaning up those kinds of messes. I told her she couldn't wear panties again until she could poo in the toilet. So, she decided she was ready and proved it. Last week she was our first week in panties. With only a couple minor mishaps, I'd say she's potty trained! Only another mother can fully appreciate the beauty of this moment. Congratulations! 3 down, 1 to go!

So many blogs..too little time said...

We are good:) HOORAY about Kaydyn:) Don't you love that.

Amber said...

Congrats!

Kirsten said...

Congrats to YOU and KAYDYN!! A big accomplishment for the both of you! Just wait until you have NO DIAPERS! It is wonderful! :)

Janean said...

Yeah! That is so wonderful! I do not look forward to having to potty train a boy. Pee everywhere is what I envision.

Vehars said...

Congrats! That is so nice to not change one extra diaper. Good job!

miranda said...

I need some tips- Micah does not want anything to do with the potty! I'm not sure how to potty train boys either :)