We had the opportunity to go through the Draper Temple on Monday, March 2, 2009. It was such a great experience for our children to know of the importance of the temple and to feel the special spirit that only the temple can provide.
Krystalyn and Kaytlyn were so excited to go. They were telling everybody they that they were going to walk inside the temple.
After going through the temple,we asked each of them what they felt and what their favorite part was about the temple. Kaytlyn said that her favorite thing was the baptistery because see thought it" looked neat" and she likes cows. She also loved looking in the mirrors in the sealing room and that it went on forever. Krystalyn loved the celestial room because it was "so pretty and peaceful." She turned to Glenn while in the celestial room and said that she felt like crying and said she knew it was the Holy Ghost telling her that the temple is true. Krystalyn said that she wants to get married in the Salt Lake Temple and Kaytlyn said that she wants to get married in the Draper Temple. They told us that they have made a goal to get married in the temple when they get older. That was so special to hear.
Kaydyn enjoyed it too. Every time we passed a picture of Jesus he would say "That's Jesus."
It was so beautiful. I felt the spirit so strongly. The spirit testified to me again the sacredness and the importance of the temple and that we can live together forever as a family. The best part for me was to have all of my family there in the temple together. I was able to imagine, standing there in the celestial room, that this is what it is going to be like living together forever and that I will do what ever I need to do to have my family together forever. I am grateful for the opportunity we had to go and feel the spirit of the temple. I love the gospel so much, and so blest to be apart of it.
Krystalyn and Kaytlyn were so excited to go. They were telling everybody they that they were going to walk inside the temple.
After going through the temple,we asked each of them what they felt and what their favorite part was about the temple. Kaytlyn said that her favorite thing was the baptistery because see thought it" looked neat" and she likes cows. She also loved looking in the mirrors in the sealing room and that it went on forever. Krystalyn loved the celestial room because it was "so pretty and peaceful." She turned to Glenn while in the celestial room and said that she felt like crying and said she knew it was the Holy Ghost telling her that the temple is true. Krystalyn said that she wants to get married in the Salt Lake Temple and Kaytlyn said that she wants to get married in the Draper Temple. They told us that they have made a goal to get married in the temple when they get older. That was so special to hear.
Kaydyn enjoyed it too. Every time we passed a picture of Jesus he would say "That's Jesus."
It was so beautiful. I felt the spirit so strongly. The spirit testified to me again the sacredness and the importance of the temple and that we can live together forever as a family. The best part for me was to have all of my family there in the temple together. I was able to imagine, standing there in the celestial room, that this is what it is going to be like living together forever and that I will do what ever I need to do to have my family together forever. I am grateful for the opportunity we had to go and feel the spirit of the temple. I love the gospel so much, and so blest to be apart of it.




2 comments:
Cheree, I am teary from this beautiful post! How wonderful it must have been. We haven't had the opportunity to take the kids to any open houses, but soon, we will have multiple-yeah!
I appreciated your "testimony" of the temple today...I needed that. Thank you.
That was precious- I love that picture of your family! We felt the same way when we were able to go through the Rexburg open house not long ago. It's such a neat experience! Especially being able to share that with your kids! Hopefully they will always remember it!
Post a Comment