Monday, April 6, 2009

One boring Saturday........




....after all of the chores were done, the girls were very bored. They had a wonderful idea. They came running into my room and asked if they could try on my wedding dress. My first thought was that I did not want to climb down in the crawl space to get it, but then thought it could be really fun to see them dress up in my wedding dress, so I said "Why not". We also found a brides maid dress that I wore at my best friends wedding 5 1/2 years ago. It was cute because they both asked if they could wear my wedding dress when they get married. I told them of course they could. It really scared me to think of them getting married someday knowing it will come faster than I want it to. After they tried them on they wanted me to try on my wedding dress. Guess what, it still fit after 12 years.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

What fun. Your girls look so beautiful.

laura said...

of course your dress fit! you're so skinny and beautiful-way to go. I wouldn't dare try on mine-i'd bust the zipper! your girls are cute--that day of marriage is just around the corner-then you'll have to fight your girls over who gets to wear your wedding gown!

Heather said...

Okay, I have to admit that I'm jealous. But I'm completely not surprised either that your dress still fits you. Kudos to you! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

You took pictures of your cute girls dressed up in your dress but didn't have them take one of you? That would have just finished off the photo montage perfectly!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! You are such a cute mommy.

The Hawkins said...

You're so skinny. No kidding it fit. Glen is a lucky man.